Friday, May 28, 2010


I just made my first platinum palladium print. I must say that for just taking a B&W image and making it a negative in Photoshop, it didn't turn out half bad. I guessed on the exposure time. started with 5 minutes and then checked it. I decided to give it one more minute for a total of 6 minutes. Pouring the developer on was fun. My wife was there to enjoy it with me.

That one was for fun now comes the work of testing and celebrating everything. figuring out my exposure times and perfecting my brushing on of the emulsion.

Everything is cleaned up. I think this deserves dipping into the good Scotch tonight.

Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Platinum update.

Its been a little over a month since my last post. A lot has happened since them. My supplies arrived from Bostic & Sullivan. I have completed my UV light box, pictures to follow. At one point I was reading 3 books on Pt/Pd printing and every little bit I could find on the internet. Needless to say I did get a little burned out for about a week. My brain turned to mush for a couple of days trying to cram as much information as possible. But all that is behind me now and its time to start doing! So in the next couple of week I plan on getting things set up and start making some test prints.