Saturday, April 24, 2010

Platinum Printing

I am discovering in myself that I am as much a photographer as I am a printer. I have written in the past about my love for the print. The tactile qualities that come with holding, feeling, seeing up close the image on the paper. The ability to see an image in all its glory, matted and framed, hanging on the wall. Well in my printing quest I have been doing some research into Platinum/Palladium printing. For those who are not familiar with the process href="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Platinum_prints">


I have read several articles on the internet as well as a few books. It is time to start making prints. My supplies are on order and my plans are drawn for building a UV light box. So over the next couple of months I will be trying my hand at Pt/Pl printing. As much as I can I will update with what I have found works as well as what does not. I’m sure I will have more of the not’s at first. If anyone has made PT prints and has any tips or tricks that could help me along please feel free to drop me a note. Wish me luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment