Monday, January 5, 2009

Maui


Well as promised I have something for January. I will be in Maui for almost 2 weeks and I am planning on posting a picture or two each day!

I think I have all the camera equipment packed that I can take with me and have the plane still able to get off the ground. When you start out taking pictures with a DSLR and only have 1 ore 2 lenses its easy to pack for vacations. You take everything your have! After many years and lots of money spent on cameras, lenses, Tripods/monopods and all the filters, rain covers, well you get the picture, you accumulate a lot of stuff. More that is possible to take with you when you fly. So what stays and what goes? That’s a hard one. You try and cover all your focal lengths with your zooms. But than you pick up your fisheye lens and think this could make some interesting shots. Or witch macro, 50mm or the much larger and heavier 100mm? Decisions decisions. I think I have my kit trimmed down enough to make it semi portable and still give me options for coming up with some interesting compositions. It’s still probably more than I need or should take but you just never know!

So check back later this week and see some of Maui. If you have never been all I can say is you are missing out. I will try my best to post at least once a day so check back often and leave a comment or two. I would love to hear from you.

Aloha and we will talk to you from Maui starting Thursday the 8th.

2 comments:

  1. Hey Matt, I checked out your blog; this is to cool, I wish I had time to do this.
    I had to laugh at the decision making process that you are going through in preparing gear. I took a trip to Florida last winter to see the folks, and dragged two bags of gear with me. I really need to learn how to scale back, but you know how it is; I might need the 17mm for taking some shots on the boat, I might need the 300mm for some bird photography, I can't leave with out the 70 - 200mm zoom. And then there is the lighting gear.
    I hoped to see you at photo 101, but I can see you have a most excellent reason for skipping out.
    I'm looking forward to seeing some pics, but I'll bet you run short on time to post on a daily bases, after all , it's Maui. Tom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Matt! I'd have to say I wish I were going instead of you. Then, I look at your pics and enjoy them so much, that I can't wait to see what you come up with. The color vibrant and the detail superlative.

    Make some time for rest and take time to just enjoy the beautiful scenery our awesome God created for you.

    ReplyDelete